Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Woodsy Walk

It was a gorgeous and sunny today, just the kind of day to throw on a spring jacket and head to the woods.

Who knows when you may be lucky enough to see a wood nymph or two!





There were eleven of us: some walkers, some birders, some out just for the fresh air. We spotted a variety of birds, including a nesting Great Horned Owl.

One would think I'd have a photo or two of feathers, but no luck. 
I did enjoy the various songs, though.

There was, of course, the woodland flora.


Red trilliums.




Bloodroot.


  Marsh Marigolds.

We also saw the lake; I'll show those photos next time. There is something mesmerizing about being near the water...and this lake has plenty of it!

What were you up to today?

10 comments:

  1. Well, not doing anything as wonderful, healthful, inspiring or calming like this!!! Can't wait to see the lake. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woodland flowers and fauna are so pretty. I traveled to our old house and visited with my friends at the shops I consign with. I also played with my new puppy-hubs and puppy both asleep on sofa now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I miss the sudden onset of spring that you have in Ontario - and the trillium woods.
    Today? I came home from up-Island this morning and then spent the day working and walking in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I didn't go for a walk in the woods today. Which by the way is very relaxing for me. I'm glad to see that the woodland is being preserved. Look forward to seeing the pictures of the Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved going along on your woodland walk and especially seeing those trilliums! Last weekend we walked in the bluebell woods near our home which was lovely, even though not all of the flowers are open yet. Looking forward to returning there for another walk this coming weekend too.
    Hope you have a happy day, Karen!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had great weather and from your photos a perfect spot to ramble in. Today I have had a baking day as our weather has been soooo changeable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a perfect time for a walk, lovely photos, especially the red trilliums. Mine are just coming into bud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect I wish it had stopped raining long enough for me to take a walk today, lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots! What a lovely day it looks like, perfect for a woodsy walk! So pretty in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty walk in the woods and birding too. I haven't gone birding for a good many years now. It's a little too late now as our trees all came out early this year making them so hard to see, but I have pleasant memories of spring bird walks of years gone by. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...