Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rosehips and Ramblings...

Most of the leaves in the neigbourhood are still green, but a few have taken on their autumn coat of colour. The red maple leaf is such an iconic symbol for this country.


Other reds are also found in my garden. This old rose bush has almost as many rosehips as it does thorns; the masses of white flowers have long since gone.


Change is happening all around me, summer has officially ended, and yet...


...it seems Mother Nature does not run by the calendar. My spirea is blooming above the dark leaves and producing some glowing, spring green ones!

Just goes to show, some things may end, but other fresh beginnings are always at hand.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Warm wishes to you,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, my Grandmother had relatives in Canada and I remember a Maple Leaf brooch she often used to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Karen.

    The colours are so vivid.

    I love the maple and the rosehips.

    Have a good week.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maple leaves and Rosehips. I have some Rosehips on my rose bushes, but they aren't nice and red like yours.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Bar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    We're lucky to exerience the brilliant colours of autumn, I'd miss this change so much if we moved elsewhere. Nice macro of the rose hips.
    I've had some surprise blooms as well; a lupin suddenly appeared, spireas flowering too and a few lilacs on a couple of bushes.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photographs are outstanding! I'm your newest follower!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...